AAPPL Test 2019 / Parent-teacher conferences
The 2019 AAPPL test window will be open from November 4th to December 20th. We encourage teachers to review the attached presentation. It contains information regarding proficiency targets, content topics to be evaluated and links to practice tests.
A video about Utah’s Dual Immersion parent-teacher conference model is available through the program model section at the top bar or by clicking on this link. It covers the philosophy of the parent-teacher conference in the DLI program and provides practical examples to better prepare for them.
DLI SCIENCE PD 2019
As schools prepare to implement the new Utah Science Core (SEEd Standards) next year, we would like to invite all 3rd, 4th and 5th grade DLI Language and English Partner teachers to participate in a one-day DLI science professional development session. This professional development is being provided in addition to the fall and spring PD required for teachers; however, all substitute costs for teachers will be covered for this training and we ask that all teachers in these grades attend.
Objectives for this professional development are to introduce 3-dimensional science learning and teaching, to review the Utah SEEd Standards and to provide training for resource materials available for classroom use. Both the language and English partner teachers should attend the session together.
A total of nine sessions have been scheduled (three training sessions per grade level). Please see the attached flyer for session dates, venues, and MIDAS registration information. Instructions for substitute cost reimbursement will be given to all teachers at the training. Please help us send this information out to all DLI Target Language and English partner teachers (grades 3, 4, and 5) so that they may register for a session as soon as possible
FALL PD 2019 – 1st-year teachers
PD ONLY FOR TEACHERS NEW TO THE PROGRAM.
These are the dates and venues for the forthcoming fall PD (September 2019). Please click on the thumbnail for details on how to register on MIDAS.
Sept. 16 – K-1 New Teachers
Sept. 18 – 2-3 New Teachers
Sept. 19 – 4-6 New Teachers
Location: Boondocks in Kaysville
AUDII conference materials (1st-year teachers)
The following presentations from AUDII 2019 (first-year teachers) have been uploaded:
- Professional collaboration
- Perspectivas culturales y relaciones públicas (maestros internacionales)
- Sobreviviendo a los 10 primeros días de clase
- Lectoescritura (Grados 2 – 3)
- Lectoescritura (Grados 4-5-6)
- Estrategias fundamentales (Grados K-4)
- Estrategias fundamentales (Grados 5-9)
- Ciencias en Doble Inmersión
- Model classroom materials (zip file)
They are available in the Professional Development section at the top.
Pearson SuccessNet access
Dear teachers and coaches,
It has come to our attention that many teachers are having trouble logging into their Pearson SuccessNet accounts to access the Calle de la Lectura materials. If you are experiencing this, we recommend you contact your district’s technology support personnel to solve this issue.
However, we anticipate that solving the problem directly with Pearson might take some time. In the meantime, please use the following user name/password to log into Pearson SuccessNet:
This account contains all K-6 Calle de la Lectura materials, as well as the Leveled Readers books. Once logged in, use the arrows to navigate to your grade’s materials. Please note that this temporary account does not include all the Pearson SuccessNet functionalities.
We are sorry for this inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any questions.
AUDII Conference 2019 materials (2nd-year teachers)
Thanks to all the first and second-year teachers who attended AUDII 2019.
We have uploaded to the website the following materials from the conference:
- Counterbalance in DLI presentation (AUDII 2nd year – available in the Professional Development section at the top)
- Antología (AUDII 2nd year – available in the Professional Development section at the top)
- Updated 10-day clickable plans: the sections for Counterbalance, evaluation projects and vocabulary activities contain updated materials. Please go to Literacy – Clickable 10 day plans to find them.
- Focus / classroom walls materials (used in the model classroom in AUDII 1st-year teachers – available in teacher tools – classroom walls)
Please visit the website again since new materials are being added daily.